University Academy Keighley underwent an Ofsted inspection on the 28 and 29th January. Prior to the inspection the academy and the predecessor school had always been judged to be requiring improvements or had been judged as a satisfactory school.
It fills me with immense pride to inform you that in the latest inspection of the school, we were given a ‘Good’ judgement. The inspection report, which will be available on our website, highlights the ‘considerable improvements’ that have been made over the last year and how our ‘pupils have positive attitudes to learning and work hard’.
To receive a Good judgement is testament to the significant efforts that pupils and staff have put in over the last nine months. The transformation of this school into a hub of positive learning is something that we are very proud of as an organisation.
The report highlights the following strengths of the academy;
- Leaders have high expectations for all pupils
- Pupils are polite and respectful and the school is calm and orderly
- Behaviour in class and around school has improved significantly
- Pupils achieve well and enjoy school
- The leadership team is making a real difference
- The quality of teaching has improved and is delivered via a good curriculum
- Pupils receive high quality pastoral support
- There is a strong safeguarding culture where pupils feel safe
Although we have made significant progress towards becoming an amazing school, we are only part of the way through our journey. The pupils and staff all firmly believe that we can be an outstanding school and the whole team is committed to making this happen.
Finally I would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody who has played their part in promoting and supporting the academy. Extra special thanks has to be reserved for our sponsors at the University of Bradford and from our partner school Carlton Bolling who, with the Carlton Academy Trust, have helped transform our school.
Head of School
The Full Ofsted Report can be viewed below: