General Kitchen Assistant Vacancy
We are looking for someone to be an effective member of the Academy catering team, to help with the serving of food and clearing and cleaning afterwards, as directed by the Catering Manager, whilst respecting the needs of students and staff.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the day- to- day food preparation.
- Preparation of service counters prior to service.
- To serve food to students, staff and visitors.
- To be able to use a cashless till; training will be given.
- Washing up of crockery and all utensils including pans, and clearing and cleaning of service areas after use.
- Ensuring that the dining room floor, tables and hot cupboards are cleaned daily after use.
- To make sure the dishwasher and waste disposal are cleaned on a daily basis.
- Report any faults or problems to the Catering Manager, to avoid more serious situations arising.
- To assist the Catering team with other cleaning duties as directed.
- Be available for occasional functions outside normal working hours given reasonable notice.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the post as required by the Catering Manager that may be reasonably required from time to time.
Skills and Competences required in the role:
- Conscientious, flexible and easy going personality with the ability to work calmly and under pressure in a busy environment.
- The ability to switch between tasks with ease and have a good sense of humour.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to be part of our successful team. If you are interested please contact Karyn Wright at the Academy for an application form or complete an online application form and return to email@example.com