The Academy is currently looking for a Parent Governor to join our Governing Body. To register your interest please contact Karyn Wright (PA to the Principal).
Tel: 01535 210333
E mail: email@example.com
You may find the following information useful.
Parent governors should provide a “parental viewpoint”, though they are “representative parents rather than representatives of parents”. To fulfil the role effectively, parent governors should:
- Make themselves known to the parent body.
- Try to attend in-service training (INSET) sessions.
- Listen impartially to concerns raised by parents.
- Guide parents about appropriate lines of action and procedures.
- Present a balanced view of issues, representing different sections of the community.
- Attend Governing Body meetings.
It is important for parent governors to establish a rapport with other parents. However, they should not become personally involved in any individual concerns, as this may jeopardise complaint and appeal procedures.